JOIN THE CLUB!
The Tunstall Bay Associations’ Beach House is located steps from the ocean at Tunstall Bay on the south-west side of Bowen Island on 2 acres of oceanfront. The Beach House offers a near-by place to unwind. Pull up a lounge chair by the pool and relax; cook up a meal for family and friends on the BBQ; head out for a paddle; dive into the ocean or read a book at our beautiful beachfront – you decide! Enjoy your time playing at TBCA. There are so many things to do…
- Access to the best sunsets on Bowen Island!
- Outdoor heated pool, shower and change rooms (May – Sept.)
- 2000 sq. ft. beach house with Wifi access and professional HD “home theatre plus’ movie projection system
- Fully equipped, modern kitchen
- Ocean views, multiple outdoor decks and bbq’s
- Waterfront Dock access and mooring opportunity
- Waterfront picnic and BBQ areas
- Watercraft (canoes, kayaks, row boat) to borrow
- Waterfront boathouse and storage when available
- Tennis Courts and children’s playground
- Adult Swim Time and Adult-Only Deck: Enjoy quiet time and re-energize body and spirit
- Guest Privileges: Members are welcome to bring guests to the facility however some rules do apply. Guests need to sign in and wear a guest wristband.
- Social Events: a number of events are planned throughout the year including dinners, dances, concerts, pancake breakfasts, beach bonfires, Easter Egg hunts, pot-luck suppers movie nights and more
- Rental Discounts: Exclusive low-season use of the clubhouse is available to members at a discounted rate
- Authentic Community: familiar faces, friendships, and volunteering opportunities
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
|TYPE OF MEMBERSHIP||DESCRIPTION||VOTING||BENEFITS|
|Full||Tunstall Bay property owners in good standing||YES||ALL|
|Associate||Non Tunstall Bay property owners||after 10 years||ALL|
|Silver Circle||10 year member||YES||ALL + 20% annual dues discount|
|Golden Circle||25 year member||YES||ALL + 20% annual dues discount, no volunteer hrs required|
|Extended Family/Designated Other Primary Parent*||Extended family or current member and/or co-parents||NO||ALL|
Membership is defined as a family living together at a single address.
Extended Family/Designated Other Primary Parent Membership:
|Wait List Deposit||On application||$ 100.00|
|Entrance Fee||On joining||$ 550.00|
|Annual Fees ||March 31st||$ 550.00|
|Extended Family/Designated Other Primary Parent||March 31st||$ 140.00|
|Returnable Volunteer Deposit *||March 31st||$ 200.00|
|Returnable Fob Deposit (2 fobs)||On joining||$ 25.00|
+ (5%GST) on entrance, annual & extended family fees
TBCA membership year is from January 1 to December 31. Membership is pro-rated for new members joining after July 15 (10% reduction.)
We need member involvement in the association to keep dues as low as possible and to ensure its long-term viability. A “Volunteer” deposit payable at the beginning of each year will be charged to all family memberships. Over the course of the year, by involving yourself in the club you can earn this money back. Participating in a work party, attending a Clean-up day, helping to organize an event – all go towards your volunteers hours.
We look for a 10 hour commitment from each family. Volunteer hours will be counted from adults in the family as well as children 14 years and older as long as they are supervised by an adult. One member could volunteer all the hours or the 10 hours could be split up amongst family members.
Providing your family meets the commitment it functions as a one-time fee, rolled forward annually. The hours you ‘work’ this year will be applied against next year’s fee, and so on. It could be that we never ask for it again.
Fobs are provided to members to unlock the clubhouse, pool, and tennis courts. There is a $25.00 deposit for each fob with a limit of 2 fobs/family. This deposit will be returned if you cease to be a member.
It is important that you review and agree to the TBCA Rules.
- Invoices for annual fees are emailed to members
- Membership fees are due on March 31 of each year
- Fob access is denied after 30 days late payment
- A late fee of $25 is charged on overdue accounts
- A $25 fee is charged for Fob reactivation
STEPS TO JOIN
- Submit a MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION and $100 deposit to be placed on the waiting list. You will be contacted as soon as a space is available.
- Upon confirmation of your membership approval, send fees to: email@example.com or mail to 1616 Tunstall Bay Blvd.
- Complete tour with Membership Director and receive your access Fob
The TBCA board members connect with members, send updates and annual invoices via email. Please share any information/contact updates with the Membership Director
The TBCA has an open FB page for the Tunstall Bay Community and a private one for members: TBCA Members. Notices, alerts, events, and communication is also places on this page. Once you join the club you will be invited to join the private page.
Questions? Contact our Membership Director.