JOIN THE CLUB!
The Tunstall Bay Beach Club is located steps from the ocean at Tunstall Bay on the south-west side of Bowen Island on 2 acres of oceanfront. The Beach House offers a near-by place to unwind. Pull up a lounge chair by the pool and relax; cook up a meal for family and friends on the BBQ; head out for a paddle; dive into the ocean or read a book at our beautiful beachfront – you decide! Enjoy your time playing at the Tunstall Bay Beach Club. There are so many things to do…
- Access to the best sunsets on Bowen Island!
- Outdoor heated pool, shower and change rooms (May – Sept.)
- 2000 sq. ft. beach house with Wifi access and professional HD “home theatre plus’ movie projection system
- Fully equipped, modern kitchen
- Ocean views, multiple outdoor decks and bbq’s
- Waterfront Dock access and mooring opportunity
- Waterfront picnic and BBQ areas
- Watercraft (canoes, kayaks, row boat) to borrow
- Waterfront boathouse and storage when available
- Tennis Courts and children’s playground
- Adult Swim Time and Adult-Only Deck: Enjoy quiet time and re-energize body and spirit
- Guest Privileges: Members are welcome to bring guests to the facility however some rules do apply. Guests need to sign in and wear a guest wristband.
- Social Events: a number of events are planned throughout the year including dinners, dances, concerts, pancake breakfasts, beach bonfires, Easter Egg hunts, pot-luck suppers movie nights and more
- Rental Discounts: Exclusive low-season use of the clubhouse is available to members at a discounted rate
- Authentic Community: familiar faces, friendships, and volunteering opportunities
TWO MAIN TYPES OF NEW MEMBERSHIPS:
|TYPE OF MEMBERSHIP||DESCRIPTION||VOTING||BENEFITS|
|Full||Tunstall Bay property owners in good standing||YES||ALL|
|Associate||Non Tunstall Bay property owners||after 10 years||ALL|
Membership is defined as a family living together at a single address.
Extended Family/Designated Other Primary Parent Membership:
Extended Family: For Tunstall Bay Beach Club members extended family (unlimited number) not living on the island who would be using the club more than 4 times a year.
|Wait List Deposit
(Applied to Entrance Fee if accepted)
|On application||$ 100.00|
|Entrance Fee||On joining||$ 550.00|
|Annual Fees ||Feb 28||$ 550.00|
|Extended Family/Designated Other Primary Parent||Feb 28||$ 140.00|
|Returnable Volunteer Deposit *||Feb 28||$ 200.00|
|Returnable Fob Deposit (2 fobs)||On joining||$ 25.00|
+ (5%GST) on entrance, annual & extended family fees
Tunstall Bay Beach Club membership year is from January 1 to December 31. Membership is pro-rated for new members joining after July 15 (10% reduction)
New Members can pay all at once, or split into three payments.
We need member involvement in the association to keep dues as low as possible and to ensure its long-term viability. A “Volunteer” deposit payable at the beginning of each year will be charged to all family memberships. Over the course of the year, by involving yourself in the club you can earn this money back. Participating in a work party, attending a Clean-up day, helping to organize an event – all go towards your volunteers hours.
We look for a 10 hour commitment from each family. Volunteer hours will be counted from adults in the family as well as children 14 years and older as long as they are supervised by an adult. One member could volunteer all the hours or the 10 hours could be split up amongst family members. In addition, starting in 2018 if you take the lead on a Board approved project you automatically get credit for your ten hours.
Providing your family meets the commitment it functions as a one-time fee, rolled forward annually. The hours you ‘work’ this year will be applied against next year’s fee, and so on. It could be that we never ask for it again.
Tunstall Bay Beach Club Access
Fobs are provided to members to unlock the clubhouse, pool, and tennis courts. There is a $25.00 deposit for each fob with a limit of 2 fobs/family. This deposit will be returned if you cease to be a member.
Tunstall Bay Beach Club Rules
It is important that you review and agree to the TBCA Rules.
- Invoices for annual fees are emailed to members
- Membership fees are due on Feb 28 of each year
- Fob access is denied after 30 days late payment
- A late fee of $25 is charged on overdue accounts
- A $25 fee is charged for Fob reactivation
STEPS TO JOIN –
PLEASE NOTE 2018 IS FULL,
ACCEPTING WAIT LIST FOR 2019 ONLY
- Submit a MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION and $100 deposit via Interac E-Transfer to be placed on the waiting list. Send deposit to: email@example.com password Bowen (email same if you need coaching on that process);
- You will be contacted as soon as a space is available;
- Upon confirmation of your membership approval, you pay the balance;
- Complete tour with Membership Director and receive your access FOB.
The Tunstall Bay Beach Club Board Members connect with members, send updates and annual invoices via email. Please share any information/contact updates with the Membership Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Tunstall bay Beach Club has an open FB page for the Tunstall Bay Community and a private one for members: Tunstall Bay Beach Club Members. Notices, alerts, events, and communication is also places on this page. Once you join the club you will be invited to join the private page.
Contact Tom Matzen our 2018 Membership Director. or call 604-499-7164.