Rules of the Tunstall Bay Community Association also known as the Tunstall Bay Beach Club, hereafter “TBBC”).
The following rules are instituted by your Directors to ensure the safety, cleanliness, and enjoyment of the club facilities. Your use of the Club constitutes knowledge and acceptance of these rules. Violation of these rules may lead to suspension and/or termination of your Membership. the Board of Directors reserves the right to modify these rules from time to time, at it’s discretion. These rules last updated May 19, 2018.
In the case of an emergency:
- Call 911 Address of the clubhouse is 1666 Tunstall Blvd.
- Call the Facility Manager Toni Leverett and a TBBC Director.
Phone numbers for Facility Manager Toni Leverett andTBBC Directors can be found near the front door of the clubhouse, or in the Members area of the software starting June, 2018.
B. NO SMOKING
Smoking and/or vaping is not permitted anywhere on theTBBC property. This includes the clubhouse and all outdoor areas.
- Children under the age of 14 years are not permitted to use the clubhouse and pool facilities unless accompanied by an adult.
- Pre-school children are to be accompanied by an adult when using the washroom, pool, and clubhouse. Wee ones must wear commercially available swimming diapers when using the pool.
- Disposable diapers are to be placed in the Diaper Genie in the women’s washroom or taken home. Please don’t dump in the garbage cans.
- Please note that the clubhouse is on a septic sewer system – do not flush disposable diapers, sanitary napkins, kleenex tissues, paper towels, or other foreign materials down the toilets
- Pets are not permitted on theTBBC property. This includes the clubhouse and all outdoor areas.
- In keeping with the municipal by-law applicable to all Bowen Island public beaches, dogs are not allowed on the swimming beach during the months of July and August. For the additional safety of our children,TBBC Members are encouraged to refrain from bringing their dogs to the beach from May 15-June 30 and September 1-October 15.
- The Clubhouse and facilities are under a security FOB lock system. Your FOB is available through the Membership Director with a deposit of $25, two per family. One additional FOB per family is available for and additional $25 deposit. FOB’s are solely for the use of your family and escorted guests. You are fully responsible for the use of your FOB while it is registered to you. Upon relinquishing your TBBC membership, your FOB will be de-activated and your deposit reimbursed upon return of the FOB.
- The Clubhouse is to be kept locked at all times. When you leave – please turn lights out, turn heat down, and check to ensure that back door and patio doors are locked.
- Persons with wet bathing suits or wet feet are not permitted in the dining/lounge area of the Clubhouse. Please enter the washrooms and change rooms via the back door and not the patio doors – the tile floor can become very dangerous when wet.
- If kitchen facilities are used, Members are responsible for immediate cleanup.
- The use of barbecues and flame type appliances inside the Clubhouse is strictly prohibited.
- The refrigerator-freezer is available to Members for day use only. At time of Club functions, it is for the exclusive use of the Club under the direction of the social committee.
- Sound equipment, tapes, etc., are reserved for Club functions only, and shall not be removed or tampered with.
- No inside furniture shall be taken outdoors under any circumstances, except as authorized by the Directors.
- Rough play and fighting onTBBC premises, including the Clubhouse and all outside areas, is strictly forbidden.
- Change room lockers are available for day use only. Padlocks are not permitted overnight.
- Parking in front of Clubhouse is strictly forbidden. This area is reserved for loading and unloading only. Access must be available for ambulance and other emergency vehicles.
- Members using the Clubhouse and other facilities are expected to leave them clean and tidy. Glasses, dishes, cutlery, etc., that are used are to be washed, dried and stored properly. Garbage and litter are to be promptly disposed of in provided containers.
- Barbecues and firepits are to be used with respect and care. If you’re not sure on how to operate ask for assistance. In particular, please ensure the propane tank is turned off after use, and the grill is cleaned. For the firepit, please ensure the lid is off before turning on, and that no food is cooked on it. Also, ensure no patio umbrellas will fall on the hot surfaces.
- Please Remember: The mess you leave behind will have to be cleaned up by a fellow member.
- Parking is permitted for Members and accompanied guests while using the Club in designated areas. If the Club introduces a system to monitor this, members agree to follow that procedure to ensure compliance.
F. THE BLACKTOPPED BEACH PATH
Due to bank erosion and children running between pool and beach, motor vehicles are strictly forbidden from using the blacktop path in front of Clubhouse, except in the case of an emergency. Dinghy pickup, etc., should be made via boat launch area or boaters parking lot.
- To ensure child safety, the gate to the pool area must be kept closed at all times when not in use. Please ensure that the gate is always closed behind you.
- Parents are responsible for the safety and conduct of their children when using the pool and pool area.
- No bandaids in the pool deck please. They come off and clog the filters. Suggest salt water swimming to heal faster instead. 🙂
- Children under 14 years of age are not permitted in the pool area unless supervised by the adult who has accompanied the children to the pool area. This adult is to be considered the “lifeguard” of the children and must remain in the pool area until the children are safely out of the pool area.
- Babies and children who are not potty trained must wear commercially available swimming diapers when using the pool.
- No glass or breakable objects or food are permitted in pool area.
- Drinks are permitted in non-breakable containers, but not in the pool or on the pool edge.
- No running or rough play is permitted on pool deck.
- Fins, snorkels, balls etc., may be used only during slack times.
- Members shall restrict their diving and that of their children to avoid danger and excessive noise when pool and deck area are well occupied.
- All users of the pool must shower before entering the pool.
- Sunscreen must be applied thirty minutes before entering the pool.
- No one shall operate or adjust pool heating, lighting, or filtration equipment, except as authorized by Directors.
- Jumping on, or other such abuse of pool cover and roller is strictly forbidden.
- Stereo/sound/musical equipment in use at pool and patio areas must be suitably toned down to avoid discomfort and nuisance to others.
- The life ring and shepherds crook rescue pole, and fire equipment, are located permanently on the south west side of the pool area – they must never be removed or tampered with except in emergencies.
- Please read and observe posted pool rules on pool deck.
H. TENNIS COURTS
- There shall be no activity but tennis carried on within tennis compounds unless approved by Directors.
- A guest may not play more than 2 times in a year. Guests must play with a member on the same court and only one guest per member is permitted at any one time.
- No glass or other breakable objects, food or drink are permitted inside tennis compounds.
- For safety, non-playing children shall be kept outside the compound.
- Singles must yield court to waiting doubles at end of short set.
- No singles may start when doubles are waiting to play.
- When playing a set the warm-up period shall not exceed five minutes.
- Only short sets may be played if other players are waiting. A short set is completed when one side has won 6 games.
- Children under 14 years of age are not permitted on wharf-dock facility unless accompanied by an adult.
- Swimming and diving from wharf-dock facility is strictly prohibited.
- Moorage and buoy placement arrangements are made by Waterfront Director.
- Club shore dinghy is only boat permitted to remain on or tied up to the dock.
- Shore dinghy must be returned to the dock and not left tied to mooring buoys.
- Dock is for loading and unloading privileges only. No tie up privileges are permitted.
- Guest mooring float is available for use by reservation. Contact Facility Manager Toni Leverett.
- Members’ dinghies, if left on beach, should have the Member’s name on them, and be placed well above high tide line.
- Dinghies and boats are stored or moored at their owner’s risk.
- Dinghies must not be stored within 20 feet of either side of access stairs as there must be adequate emergency access.
For the swimming beach — directly in front of the Clubhouse-Pool:
- For safety reasons, no power boating or water skiing between shore and moorage buoys; this area is reserved for swimming.
- In order to keep the swimming beach safe for our children, it is requested that no fires be made on this area of the beach.
- In keeping with the municipal by-law applicable to all Bowen Island public beaches, dogs are not allowed on the swimming beach during the months of July and August. For the additional safety of our children, TBBC Members are encouraged to refrain from bringing their dogs to the beach from May 15-June 30 and September 1-October 15.
Please take your litter home with you; a clean beach is enjoyed by all.
- The conditions of By-Law #2 apply to all guests.
- The member host shall accompany and be responsible for their guests while on Club premises or facilities.
- The member host shall register his guests name along with his/her own name in the visitor’s book on each occasion the guest visits the Club or Club Facilities. Guests shall wear a ‘guest bracelet’ – available by the visitor’s book, if a bracelet system is in place. Guests must register their full name and email address in the Member software if that system is in place.
- A guest may not be introduced to the club more than 4 times per calendar year from all Members combined.
- No member shall introduce more than 4 guests at any one time. See Club Rental Agreement for provisions regarding more than 4 guests.
- Each resident family member will be responsible for making their extended family members aware of and abide by the Club Rules.
- Family members who are not eligible for extended family memberships are eligible for Associate memberships or are welcome as guests a maximum of 4 times.
L. CLUB RENTAL
- The clubhouse is available for rental by Members following the Labour Day weekend in September and before the Victoria Day weekend in May.
- Clubhouse rental does not include the use of the pool, the pool deck, the wharf or the tennis courts. Other restrictions may apply.
- Permission for rental must be obtained for any requests where more than 4 guests are being entertained. The maximum number for Private Use is limited to 50 persons.
- All requests for club rental must be directed to the Rental Coordinator and then brought to the Board of Directors for approval. The member will be responsible for completing an Application for Private Use, and payment of the prescribed fees and damage deposit.
- A copy of the Policy for Private Use of theTBBC Clubhouse may be obtained from the Rental Coordinator.
M. FACILITY MAINTENANCE
- The maintenance of the clubhouse and grounds is provided by a management team, but it is up to all of us to help keep the clubhouse clean and tidy. The club is to be considered an extension of our homes; keep it as though you are expecting important guests.
- Our Facility Manager and other approved vendors are helping us maintain the Club, keep it safe, and enjoyable. Please treat them with respect if they point out violations of the rules. Failure to do so may result in suspension or termination of your membership.
- If you have any questions about the TBBC or its premises, please contact a Board Member responsible for that area of interest; e.g. facility, social, or rental coordinator.
- The cottage located on theTBBC grounds is a private residence and should be respected as such.
N. BIRTHDAY PARTIES
High Season (Victoria Day May long weekend – Labour Day September long weekend)
The TBBC endeavours to enhance the enjoyment of the Clubhouse Facility including decks, pool, lawn, kitchen and other areas within the facility.
With these Memberships enjoyment values in mind please note the policies below:
- TheTBBC is able to host only 1 birthday party per day so as to not adversely affect overall membership ambience – please check theTBBC calendar regularly at www.tunstallbay.org to ensure there is no conflict in scheduling
- Limit of 3 hours, non-peak times
- Birthday parties will be placed on the calendar on a first come first served basis
- The existing TBBC policy of 4 guests per membership applies
- While It is permissible for multiple TBBC member families to host a birthday party, providing it falls within the 4 guests per membership policy please note: the limit is 8 children
- The existing TBBC pool policy applies: 1 adult per 3 children in the pool area
- For larger (6 children + adults) groups please use the portable tables and set up on the upper lawn to host the party (or use the new Family Fun Zone tables and BBQ’s). Please pre-arrange this with firstname.lastname@example.org to allow the TBBC Facilty Manager to be made aware and to provide access
- Larger parties (more than 6 children) will be included on the TBBC calendar as a way to inform other members that the Facility may be busy during certain hours
- One TBBC member must be identified as the point person so that the caretaker will know who to communicate with around the party
Low Season (Labour Day September long weekend – Victoria Day May long weekend)
- Please check with email@example.com as to availability of the facility
- No exclusive use of the facility
- The event is not placed on the TBBC calendar and is considered first come first served
- The existing TBBC policy of 4 guests per membership applies
- It is permissible for multipleTBBC member families to host a birthday party, providing it falls within the 4 guests per membership policy
- The limit is 8 children + member adults
- Limit of 3 hours, non-peak hours
- $2.00 donation per person by each non-member attending. Money may be placed in envelope and inserted into the drop box located at the front entrance
- With more than 8 persons in attendance please contact Rentals as this will be considered a private rental