As of May 21, 2021
TBCA is committed to the health and safety of its staff, volunteers, members, and general community and understands our responsibility as managers of a facility and grounds on Bowen Island. To this end, TBCA staff and members will follow general safety practices as laid out on the Government of B.C. website under Province Wide Restrictions at: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions
It is understood that these restrictions evolve over time as will our TBCA Covid Policy.
At this time please wear a mask when inside the clubhouse.
TBCA members will consistently follow the orders and recommendations from health authorities regarding preventing the spread of COVID-19 to keep members, and community safe. These policies are to reduce the possibility of infection and create confidence and security among TCBA members.
An information table will also be permanently set up at the Tunstall Bay Clubhouse to keep membership informed in tandem with regular website updates.
Key to achieving this are the following:
· Members must always practice physical distancing (2 meters apart) throughout the facilities, on TBCA grounds, and beach areas.
· Members are required to STAY INFORMED on TBCA rules and policies and the provincial health guidelines regarding health and safety practices for COVID 19. TBCA will provide hand sanitizer, hand washing stations, disinfectant spray, and other sanitation tools.
· Limiting the number of people allowed in rooms and decks, or temporarily closing the building to the public as required.
Practices for members:
· Nobody should come to the building or grounds if they have any symptoms, even if they do not think they have COVID.
· Wash or sanitize hands upon entering the facility.
· Sign in for Covid tracing if using the building or playground and have not signed up for a table or pool booking on the website.
· Wipe hard surfaces before use and after use.
· Members must book on the website for pool use, and adhere to the schedule.
· At this time there is a maximum of 16 members using the pool during the slotted times – we hope to increase this once some restrictions are lifted.
· Members will wipe down all hard surfaces touched, both BEFORE and AFTER use
· The new Members arriving MUST wait until all previous members are out of the pool area before entering
· Change rooms are closed for use. Members much change at home, or outside deck area.
· Do not move tables and chairs
· Must book a table on the website
· Number of people allowed at each table will be determined by provincial Covid outdoor dining rules. At this time it is 6 people to a table. This allows for space between the groups. If your group is larger please use the beach or area by the beach that has more room.
· Disinfect all hard surfaces before and after use
· Remember, leave your area as clean as you found it.
Facility Use: Please wear a mask at all times when indoors at the clubhouse.
· One person only at a time in washrooms (or child with an adult)
· Members must disinfect surfaces in washrooms after use.
Kitchen and Food Storage:
· Only one household may use the kitchen at a time. If other tables are booked, please use barbecue instead and keep kitchen use to a minimum.
· Sink and sterilizer can be used by ONE person at a time
· Remember to take all food and drinks out of the fridge when you leave.
Living room Area, Table Tennis area:
· If other households are using the TBCA please do not loiter, or sitting inside the facility so other households can come and go from kitchen and washroom areas.
- Members please practice Social Distancing at all times while on TBCA property.