Contents / Questions Answered
- Why are we using the booking system? What happened to the old way?
- What are the benefits of the booking system?
- How do I get to the booking system?
- How do I book a time slot?
- How can I see what I booked?
- Can I see what my friends are doing?
- How do I cancel a time slot?
- Can I drop in?
- What about “no shows”?
- Can I edit my booking?
- What if I didn’t get any booking information or an invite?
- Can I change my user name and/or other profile information?
Last Updated: 2022-07-06 (Added questions 11 & 12)
Why are we using the booking system? What happened to the old way?
The booking system was initially introduced for the 2021 pool season in a hope that it would allow us to regulate pool usage due to COVID guidelines. Furthermore, the system was brought in along with the modernization of the tennis, pickle ball courts, in a similar model to how most sport recreation facilities work today (public or private).
While contemplating removal of the system for the pool (but leaving it for the courts), after surveying membership in early 2022, the results were overwhelmingly positive to keep the system in place.
There are certainly some aspects we can work on improving such as cancellations, editing appointments, and accessibility, but the pros mostly outweigh the cons in the long run – a sentiment that is mostly shared by membership (from the 2021 survey results).
What are the benefits of the booking system?
- Fair time usage of the pool for all – a time slot ensures people use the pool and then leave the pool for others to use.
- It guarantees some one or group swim time. Some one may come all the way down and find the pool too busy to join.
- It reduces the strain on the pool’s aging infrastructure from the physical structure itself and around the pool, to the water filtration system. With increased usage and a 50-year old pool, a sea of sunscreened people can wreak havoc on the systems which can lead to closures the next day and reduced swim time. (Or even no swim time if something critical happens.)
- It reduces the unpleasant “mosh pit” that the pool could turn into on hot summer days.
- Being able to track the pool bookings allows us to better understand its usage and plan accordingly for future membership counts and pool maintenance/renovations.
How do I get to the booking system?
If you are on the tunstallbay.org website, you can click the BOOKINGS header and then BOOK NOW. Or you can access the system directly from this URL: https://tunstallbay.org/booking-help/
If you have not logged in, you will need to do so first, and then you will be redirected to the booking system.
How do I book a time slot?
Please see the following page: https://tunstallbay.org/booking-help/
How can I see what I booked?
You will get an email about your booking. You can add this to your favourite calender. You also can manage your bookings if you click the BOOKINGS header and then YOUR BOOKINGS. This will list all your bookings and you can cancel them here as well.
Can I see what my friends are doing?
Yes! If you look at the Club Calendar (click BOOKINGS header then CLUB CALENDAR) you can see all events booked across all facilities. If you hover over or click an event, it will tell you who!
How do I cancel a time slot?
You can do so in two ways:
- You will have received an email regarding your appointment when you initially booked. There will be a link in there if you wish to cancel.
- You can manage your bookings, once logged in, by clicking BOOKINGS -> YOUR BOOKINGS (or use this link: https://tunstallbay.org/member-bookings/)
Can I drop in?
There are drop-in swim times for adults from 6am-9am and 8pm onwards. There is a full schedule here: https://tunstallbay.org/pool-opening-soon/
If you are AT the club, and notice the pool is not at capacity, then you can sign in at the front desk and hop in!
NOTE: the max capacity of the pool will be shown on a sign on the pool gate.
What about “no shows”?
Please show up for your time slot, or if you cannot make it, cancel it. We are a membership/volunteer run association, and we do not have people to monitor for this type of thing, so we all need to be responsible.
Can I edit my booking?
We are working on this in a new version of the booking system. Until now you need to cancel the booking and rebook.
What if I didn’t get any booking information or an invite?
Firstly, it’s important to note that each family, or household membership, receives only one user/account. Unless specified otherwise, the invitations are created with the first listed name and email in our membership records. Therefore you may find that the invitation has been sent to another family member. For now, this user account must be shared amongst the family. If you would like to change details on your family’s profile/account, see the following question.
Can I change my user name and other profile information?
Yup! Just click “Account” in the web site header and “My Account”, or click here: https://tunstallbay.org/account/. The only thing you cannot change is the username given to you via the initial invitation.