Clubhouse Closure Update

Dear Membership,
As promised, the Board has been monitoring the COVID 19 developments and felt it was prudent to provide our membership with another update on the impact of COVID 19 on our operations.  As you know, the situation is changing daily and the Board is continuing to use guidance provided by Provincial and Local Health Authorities.  Member safety continues to be our top priority.
Effective immediately, we are closing all club facilities including all outside common areas.  
This is an expansion from our original closure of just the clubhouse on March 18th.  For the protection of Toni and our maintenance contractors, we request that all members access personal watercraft from the beach to limit contact with the upper gate. For those whose personal watercraft require access to the boat house or dock, you are advised to do so at your own risk. Please note, we do not have the resources to clean any surfaces that you may contact and no way to know how many people have accessed these facilities before you.
The closure will be in effect until further notice.
These are difficult and uncertain times for us all.  As a volunteer board we are also struggling and have the same concerns as you about personal safety and keeping our families safe.  We are also stressed about the economy as well as job and income security.
The Board has decided to extend the due date for membership fees to May 31st, 2020. 
We understand that it would be insensitive and unrealistic to hold fast to our original due date of March 31st and hope that the extra time will give us all more clarity on the outlook for our club for the summer months.  The club will continue to prepare for a pool opening and while it is safe to assume some disruption to our operations, it is still too early to say with certainty what this season will look like. 
Your Tunstall Board
“This is our time to be kind, to be calm, and to be safe.”
Bonnie Henry  

Yours truly,

TBCA Board